08 April 2011

Games...

Before I have all these…

Giant board games…

Great card games…

Grand electronics games…

I had to make do with just paper, pencil, eraser, glue, scissors, ruler and my imagination…


Thus I came up with my own games. Using papers drawn with squares and some sort of snakes and ladders style, I created different board games with different challenges.

I even cut my erasers as square as possible for the dice.


The counter can be anything but usually I will draw some sort of characters onto pieces of cards to be used as counters. Usually I will use the cereal box.

I also made some sort of games to mimic the electronic games (which was very expensive at that time) by using a piece of hard paper. Then lines were drawn on it. There were games where I had drawn monsters, traps or hazards to avoid.


Both side of the paper were folded into fan.

This made the paper springy. Then using a small eraser piece as the counter, you just need to tap the springy side of the paper to move it around.


Just tap tap tap to guide the eraser piece around… After a while though, the paper would be worn out and a new piece had to be made…

Glorious time for the creative and imaginative brain of mine…

1 comment:

DarkAsclepius said...

Thanks for the award!