25 August 2008

Where I stay...

Currently, with all the excitement of going home to fast with my family again, I have to look for a new place to stay because I am not a student anymore.

The place where I stay for the past few years is a sad place I can say… One of my wish when I first laid my eyes on it was to help it. So Alhamdulillah, I was given that opportunity. I get to stay here and after that, I was given the full power and authority to do as I please to make the place better.

I was happy that after that, the place looks better. I wish I could do more…

I remember, putting up notices for other tenants… So that they could also help in keeping the place clean and tidy. By doing that I get to know that students who are doing Bachelor degree, Master degree or even PhD cannot read notices… it is very sad and also a surprise. I mean, the students who come here to study should be able to read English, the first main thing. Able to read English also means that they understand English… I mean, how do they go to classes and do their assignments? Amazingly, that did not happen here in my place.

Also, not many people have the same standard of cleanliness… Few housemates of mine showed me that. Probably the upbringing is not the same… Or maybe they just do not care to eat on table that had not been wiped for a week. Or using the stove, spill their cooking on it and let it be for the ants and the cockroaches to clean up later… Or their feet cannot feel the dust piling up on the floor after had not been swept for a week… Or showering in the bathroom full of colourful moss…

I cannot stand it but I had the opportunity to carry out few experiments and most of the time, I can safely say that people just do not care or immune to the mess or unhygienicness…

I do hope this godforsaken place will still be well maintained after I left it. It had been kind to me, providing me shade, keeping out the cold, protecting my stuff and a place where I can rest. Thank you 323 of Hawken Drive in St Lucia. Sorry for stuff that hurts you but I need to do that for me to understand my housemates and the people in it. Thank you very much for helping me to see the people around me better…

1 comment:

p o t a t o said...

Darn. I cannot spy on you anymore. =\