13 August 2008

EKKA!

Thus, this will be the fourth year I have been to Ekka. The second year I perform here at Ekka… What I like about performing in Ekka, I get to enter Ekka for free… So hurray for that!

The card that gives me the free access to EKKA!

It is always nice to see the farm animals… And to see so many people around with festivities in the air… And to see spectacular display of Showbags with staggering varieties and prices… Good place to get some gifts for your sisters and cousins… Over the four years I have been to Ekka, there is not much change to the rides… So this year I decided not to go for the rides… Same old same old.

Performing in Ekka is great! It is nice to see all the angmos to gawp at your costume, guessing to their best where I might come from, figuring why I twisted one end of my Kain Songket and tie it into a flower, the different of style to the usual karate and taekwondo style and to be able to show the Malaysian martial art to the angmos…

Last year our performance was pretty much boring… Just some opening ceremonies called the Bunga Tanjong, the basic Silat Gayong movement in Gulungan Anak Harimau and end it with Senam Silat. We showed what Silat is but not very interesting to see…

This year, my Guru adds some spices into the performance. Our new team member also proves to be valuable for he is able to fight with one of our member splendidly in such a short time. Good one Faris! Not to forget Raqim who performe really nicely. All our kicks and punches at him really are worthwhile… A gift from Malaysia for your hard work! Just do not blame me if you become mortally endangered… I felt bad already…

Guru was correct that fighting with Parangs will be great. Thanks for his teachings and I do hope I can be better in the future. People said it was awesome. Wish I could put up the video of us performing… The parangs are dangerous to fool around with but seeing Silat with Parangs is just awesome and you can also said the awesomeness of the Silat is magnified with Parangs. Now Keris will be another story…

From left, Ali, Me and Faris… Raqim was still changing into the Silat outfit…

Another good Ekka day and I do hope the next performance will be as great if not better. Thanks again and hope we will have more performers in the future…

No comments: