17 January 2009

Nadleeh and Virtue...

After I finished putting the 0 Raiser together, I took a break…

Then I was itching to put Gundam Nadleeh and Gundam Virtue together. So I skip Gundam 00 and straightaway do Gundam Nadleeh. Gundam Nadleeh is the simplest Gundam ever. Minimal assembly and you have a Gundam already.


Wish the hair of Nadleeh are made of different material though. The hair material should be something that you can bend around to make Nadleeh cooler. Might want to get some wires and turn it into Nadleeh’s hair. Another mini project for me…

Still need some colouring so as not to look so bland. One thing I noticed about the Gundam 00 first season series, they have lots of details. Not really complaining for it does make the Gundams look better and not to plain. A bit of hard and painful job but you will get a beautiful Gundam in the end.

I continued doing Gundam Virtue the next day. Heck lots of things to put together. As I put each pieces of armour on, my Nadleeh get fatter and fatter. In the end, I have Virtue standing in front of me. Nadleeh no more…


Virtue has less mobility. Could not have him do weird and extreme poses much because of his armour. Virtue could not do most of Gundam Exia movement. So basically, his pose will be simple but still look powerful and threatening.

His humongous gun is awesome but his arms could not really support the weight. So I had some trouble with him holding his gun in his poses. Later on, I settle with him just holding his gun pointing downward…


Lots of small details need to be colour for Virtue and I can already see long night ahead. Lots of pieces need recolour to have it close to the real thing. I will probably want to do the recolouring with an airbrush. Doing it with airbrush will give the armour pieces clean smooth looking surface. A feat that is quite hard to do with the normal brush. I am still new to airbrush, so I might not do it. Yet…


I do wish the yellow horn of Virtue is hollow and can be snapped onto the yellow horn of Nadleeh. I have to take Nadleeh’ horn off so that I can put Virtue’s on instead. The pinkish red line on Nadleeh’s head is also a troubling part. That line will be visible when you put on the Virtue’s armour. If a helmet is used instead, it will be better. An easy alternative is to get another Nadleeh… That idea had been playing a lot in my mind already. Then, with an extra model, I can customise Virtue’s horn and snap it on Nadleeh’s horn instead whenever I want it to be Virtue.

One of my favourite Gundam because of his element of surprise…

No comments: