11 June 2008

Now, Gula is here with me...

I slept early so that I would wake up early... which I did because of my hunger, 4 hours before my alarm went off...

With weird dream of my friends from the old school day and diploma time, I woke up thinking of this one girl, who use to be a past that I hardly remember but get to know well currently…

She reminds me of my old time favourite food… A local Sarawakian dish that originate from Chinese dishes and accepted into the other Sarawakian communities… A dish that some people said tastes nicer with pork… A dish that I usually eat if I am not into the mood of eating my other favourite local dish… A dish that when I usually ordered, amused my cousin, and said, “Aren’t you going to get sick eating that?”

I am hungry when I was writing this up… Hungry and missed my local food… A food that easily obtained at most of the time of the day back at home… Or my mother could cook it up… And for sure it is cheaper even if it is available here… And halal for me too, because for sure, if it is available here, then it will be garnish with pork…

Morning hunger, waking remembering that one Sarawakian girl and missing the local food remind me of mee Kolok or Kolok mee… In whichever way you said it, it still mean the same thing and one thing only… I find it pretty much a waste of time to argue about it and I rather eat it than argue about it… Whatever name it has, it has only one place to go and it will end up in my belly…

Sigh…

Breakfast then… Canned cream of mushroom with extra mushroom in the butter eaten with toast then… plus cereal and hot milo… Nice breakfast anyway but if I have the choice between Kolok and whatever I am going to eat soon, Kolok will be it…

Another deep sigh…

2 comments: