18 June 2008

The Final Paper?

I am looking forward to end my life as a student… Then this stupid course came along… The assignments are tough and now the final too… Why most of the mechanical courses do not supply the equations to the final? Most of them are not even open book… CRAZY! MADNESS!

I mean, the engineers around us, do they have to memorize all of the engineering equations? There are many kinds of engineers… Even for an engineer from the same field, say mechanical, will have many things to study… thermodynamics, dynamics, structure, fluid mechanics, acoustics, materials, fracture, bla, bla,bla… and the university expected us to memorize the whole equations from all these subjects? Come on, university, at least open book exams or worst come to worst, allow us to bring some notes with us legally…

I do not think that an engineer has to come up with a solution on the spot…

Boss: Hey, engineer!
Engineer: Yes boss?
Boss: I saw a crack on this wall… How big the cracks will grows if I keep leaning on this wall?
Engineer; Let me just do the calculation for you sir…
Boss: Yes yes, you do that, in about 5 minutes, right here… Fail to do so, well, to put it in a nice way, you will be fired…
Engineer:…

Do those sorts of thing happen in the real life?

All I want is to pass that stupid course...

No comments: