02 June 2008

Drats those forms...

One of the huge different in my country and here is this… when you have to write down your name…

Somehow, back in my country, there is only one blank space for name... and yet we still know which is his name and which is his father name… providing he did not have more than two words for a name… if not, it may take a few guesses…

Here, you have one blank space for surname… and another for middle name if you have one… and yet another for given name… you have wasted two extra spaces just for that…

The best part is when I give my name to any of those people who have to do that… I do not know why, but they always call out my father’s second name. Even after I explained to them… Sheeesh… I am not that stupid bloody asian who does not know which is middle name and which is surname… It is you who did not know my name… Stupid angmo who do not know things other than themselves…

Happen a few times… Some even rolled their eyes when I correct them… I am pretty sure I know my name better… Like I said, they have difficulties in the name part and I do hope they can learn something from the Asian in writing names…

No comments: