17 February 2011

Pop up cards…

My last long weekend was the best so far. It was very relaxing and I
get to do a lot of stuff that I had not been doing for a long time.

I used to make lots of pop up cards before I enter University. I am not really keen with the normal cards because these cards are… normal… plain… boring…

Well to me that is…

So I am more into the pop up cards.

I was inspired by this pop up card design I stumble upon from here.

Since it will be a long weekend, I was itching to make pop up cards again.

Because the design is too plain for me, I decided to use other design but still follow the original layout. Since I loved Megaman Zero art work so much, I had incorporated one of the designs from the art book that I have into my card. I used the Cyber Elf design to replace the angel. Here is the little Cyber Elf drawn in pencil...


These were the tools used to make the card. I forgot to put in my glue stick and
scissors. I used embossing tool to make the card fold nicely.


At first, I wanted to just draw the Cyber Elf onto the white card and cut it out just like the original design. It looks to plain, plus the color painted was not striking enough for me.

So I chose to break the design into smaller parts using different colored cards. Now I do not have to the coloring and the color is nicer. Just that I have to cut small pieces...

Half way making the card, I remember someone who is heartbroken. I changed the heart design into broken heart. Now I am going to make the Cyber Elf fix the broken heart by putting the broken pieces together.
Gluing the parts together and they are ready to be stick inside the card.


I used white ink pen to outline the Cyber Elves so the details will stand out. Use black marker for the eyes and crayon for their blushes...

I used a piece of card, as shown in the yellow circle below, to connect the two hearts together, so that they would pop up and stand up nicely.


Actually I want to leave out the wings for the Cyber Elf. Seeing that the Elves look plain and boring without their wings, I added the wings too. Now the elves look better.

My first pop up card for the year 2011…

Took me one day to finish it…

No comments: