08 July 2013

The Wedding Card... Nightmare!

This happened while I was busy creating my wedding card…

I wanted a simple and catchy invitation card. I had taken an interest on invitation cards produced by the western countries. They keep the cards simple and attractive. Not to forget, creative.

The country where I live on the other hand clings so hard to our tradition that creativity had not been given the chance to bloom. There are a few breaths taking cards no doubt about it but not as much as the western people.  Due to our rigidness, the invitation cards are more or less the same from one to another. Here are some examples of the typical wedding invitation cards:



Also because of our tradition, there is lots of stuff need to be included in a piece of card. We need to write heaps of ramblings just so the card looks impressively religious and traditional. Here in my place, we go to another extreme where lists of wakil or people who more or less will be involved in my wedding. By right, if you want to list down people who will be involved in my weddings (and when I said involved, those who really go all out to ensure the success of the event), it will be just too many. We went through few wedding invitation cards that my Grandfather had collected and they all look roughly the same...

But the fact is, the names we need to include are not really the people who will be tremendously helpful. And the best thing is, if their name is not mention, they will sulk and hate me for the rest of their life… To certain extreme, they will not even come to our wedding. By right, these people should not be invited even or if they are invited and choose not come for the mentioned reasons… Then, thank you for showing to me that you are not worthy enough to be related to. I despise people who easily break a relationship, especially family ties for such petty excuses. Should not we work harder to foster better relationship with each other no matter how different is your ways and thinking? Should not we show respect for any differences we have as long as we do not go against Islam?

 Yet I have to remind myself, to give and take, and focus on the fact that I am bringing everyone together in the family to strengthen the family ties through my wedding… after all, as I had mentioned, it is just a small things and I should be able to look over it and get it over with… Insyaallah. Just give me strength to face human idiocy and the stubbornness to accept others differences…

Anyway, I got what I wanted mostly. Like what the emperor of China had said in Mulan:


No matter how the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it.

So we went on with the pop up wedding invitation cards…


Alhamdulillah. Thank you very much...

Owh... Mulan: Emperor of China of China from here.
The typical Wedding Invitation from my country were taken after Google image kad kawin.

No comments: