12 October 2009

Congratulations!

Congratulations to my sister for her graduation…


My parents get to see graduation ceremony both in Malaysia and Australia.


Both are different in many ways.


Both are unique own its own.


But (yes, there is a but) Malaysia Universities still lack in hospitality, practicality and punctuality… I wished now that I had attended my own graduation ceremony when I finished my diploma. Just so that I get to experience and see it myself.


The one main point that I like the most is this. I don’t know whether they do this in other local universities in Malaysia


My sister wanted to buy the graduation robe because she is going into the academician path. Thus she thought of buying the graduation robe earlier and so she went to the University few days earlier before the ceremony. She had everything ready and she followed all the instructions given from the guy in charge and the University website to buy the graduation robe…


When she got there... She could not buy it yet. She could only buy it after the graduation ceremony had ended which will be few days after that. She could not buy the graduation robe on these reasons:


1. They did not have enough graduation robes.

2. They wanted the robes to be guarantee for the students to return and get their certificates.


When I heard this I was like, “WHAT?”


I thought I heard it wrongly and I asked her to repeat that again…


They wanted the robes to be guarantee for the students to return and get their certificates.


Okay… How much more stupid can they be… I mean, I am pretty sure, very very sure, positively sure, the students will still come back to get the certificates. Whether they have the robe or not, I am sure they will return to the university to get their hard earned certificates…


I MEAN, WHO WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO TRADE A PIECE OF DEGREE CERTIFICATE FOR A GRADUATION ROBE? Is not that INSANE?


Why cannot they make extra robes and sell off to the students anyway? They should have extras and if the number of their students increases every year, well, they should have extras and the extras should be useful then. Those who buy the graduation robes pay more anyway, should not they be happy to get more money?


Seriously, their business brains are really down in the drain…


Hey, that was a bit too long… Maybe I should break them into few parts…


Anyway, congratulations Sister...

No comments: