25 March 2009

I fight to kill...

I am learning and doing martial art. There are lots to learn and to understand. While doing the art, most people also learn and build their beliefs. One of the questions that touch this belief is…

For what sake do you learn the art?

It is a question I had pondered even before I took up the art. It is a question that the answer will either lead you to do the art destructively or peacefully. A question that will shows who you really are inside in your heart. A question I encourage every person who do any martial art to ask everyday, every time…

For what sake do you learn the art?

Is it to preserve the art? Is it to uphold the culture? Is it to protect? Is it for your own health and well being? Or is it to hurt others?

I had encounter these people, those who learn the art to show how good they are in hurting others. Those who learn the art to show they are invincible. Those who learn the art to instil fear in other hearts to gain their respect. Those who learn the art just so that they can show they are stronger…

As I walk further down the path of perfecting the art, one of the answer I had obtained to answer that question is quite simple really. I learn the art to draw the line between a fight of an animal and a human.

Everybody can use their fist is they are angered. Barbaric behaviour is usually the easiest form of solution to many people, especially the young and hot blooded. It is the same for animals. How different does that make us from them?

Thus, to end a conflict without any fist raised, is a sign of high level human behaviour.

Here, I end my first answer for the question. I have few answers for the same question but I do think that answer is appropriate to be the first, for from there it guides me well into the path of better person and a better martial artist.

No comments: