02 October 2013

The wedding is nigh… Part 1!

Assalamualaikum and Good Day to you my fine reader…

It had been a while since my last post on my wedding and the end of the year is looming closer as we speak. Insyaallah I will finish this wedding story of mine before this year come to end.

Once the wedding cards were all done, the guest name list was next. This was also a pain in the neck. Please remember that the number of guests is linear to the cost of food and the door gifts. Also you will not believe how many people were supposed to be in the guest list… Just to keep the story short, it was slightly less than the number of people residing in the city where I live…

All packed up and ready to go...
It was also unfortunate that I had to be offshore during all this commotion. There were people who received my wedding invitation card twice, some who did not it at all and some were invited via word of mouth…

Alhamdulillah my parents were very practical about the number of friends they invited. I too had to short list the number of friends to be invited. This was so that ermmmm… our most senior family member could invite more friends. With all due respect we did not mind as long as we do not have to cross out most of our friends too. I mean, IT IS OUR WEDDING and our friends (my parents, my wife and I) should be given priority. Again, it did not work that way here in my country tradition…

Thus I have to apologize to my friends who did not receive any invitation. I sincerely wished that all of you could be at my happiest day of my life…

But reality did not allow us to be together…

No comments: